Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Place Full of Contrasts - - -


Perhaps you've heard of Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que, they have them all over the US now, but the ORIGINAL is here in Hayward. It is one of our favorite haunts. From the first time I went there, I was struck by the hodge podge that is it's decor - - - - see what I mean:


This rough-hewn bear greets you at the front door, Greggie optional.


High in the rafters you will see - - -


A Northwoods mural.


At the river-rock fireplace, complete with the quintessential log mantle, you will find fine china plates and lamps.


Hanging around the entire perimeter of the main dining area are - - - tin coffee pots and tin cups.

Now, step with me please, into the ladies' room. (It's ok guys - - - you can come for this tour too - - - )



I have never seen sinks like this anywhere else in the world - - - notice the gold fixtures!


The mirrors are framed with bows - - -


And the green tile walls are trimmed with gold. Quite "posh," I'd say!

Now, back out in the main dining room - - -


Each dining table is adorned with a paper towel holder like this!!!!! And you know, if you've been to one, that their signature "dinner" is served on an aluminum garbage can lid.

I'm telling you - - - it's like going to the prom wearing your oldest sneakers under your gown!!!!

What a fun place.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Keri said...

HAHA that's funny!! I wonder if they're all like that or just the original one?

7/22/2008 3:52 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I've wondered that same thing - - - but since this is the ONLY one I've ever been to, I don't know.

7/22/2008 3:58 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

That place looks to enjoyable!! How pretty it is!

I dont think anyone can actually Top the original one. close but not exact I'm thinking =) I wish I had that as my sink at home!

7/22/2008 4:07 PM  
Blogger Gerson & Betsy said...

I´ve noticed several pictures of MIRRORS in your posts! I guess that´s one way of getting your picture in your posts since you mostly take the pictures!

7/22/2008 10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been to that one :) I have also been to some others. I think themes in each Famous Dave's are different depending on the location. I have a very Yummy wild rice soup recipe that was given to me by my hubby's mom which was given to her by Famous Dave! :)

7/23/2008 9:15 AM  
Blogger grammy said...

The first and only "rose bowl" I have ever seen was in Naples,1960 era. It's a VERY exclusive place there on 5th Ave & can't think of the name. I'm sure you guys have driven by.

7/23/2008 12:49 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

Ask Greg if the "Famous Dave's" in Ft Myers on Hiway 80 is from that same chain??

7/23/2008 12:52 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I don't need to ask Greg, Mom - - - I can answer for myself!!! YES that restaurant in Ft Myers is one of this chain of Famous Dave's.

Heather P - - - I MET your M-I-L on Sunday at her work place!!! The library wasn't open, and I couldn't get online at West's Dairy, and Greggie left me to go do his "rounds" of tackle shops. So - - - I walked over and chatted with your M-I-L. She was GREAT. I loved her!!!

7/23/2008 3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that is so funny! Isn't she just adorable? If your hubby was wandering tackle shops he may have come across my father in law too as he loves to make his own tackle and is a fisheries biologist there.
That is too funny...I love that!

7/23/2008 6:33 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

Finally thought of name of restaurant in Naples...Picadilly Pub.

7/23/2008 8:38 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Grammy, what are you talking about???? When were we talking about a restaurant in Naples?

7/24/2008 3:41 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

Re: Piccadilly Pub comment...guess my fingers were doin' the talkin' but couldn't keep up with brain!!!

You liked the "rose bowl" basin in the restroom at "Dave's" and I was referring to the one in Naples restroom. That was in the 60's so it may have closed by now.

Sorry, guess that was kinda confusing!!

7/25/2008 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home