Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Touch of History - - -

When I was a little girl and up until two or three summers ago, this historic building was the Hayward Library. Even though the new library is lovely, I was really missing the old one. New buildings just don't have the, well the HISTORY of the old ones!!!

So imagine my DELIGHT to find that someone has purchased, restored, and lovingly renewed the library building!!! It is now a shop, Madonna Rae's, just brimming with ambiance!!!


As you enter the front door you are greeted by this quaint little horse bench.


Advertising art adorns the entryway walls.


Just look at all this wood!!! The entryway is split three ways - - - straight ahead is the stairway to the basement and on either side of it stairs to the main level. This is the right hand set of stairs to the upper level.


The shop is arranged and decorated so as to show off the architectural features of the building. They even saved the library service desk which is now the cashier's counter.


Dressing rooms


Their inventory ranges from furniture to toys and everything in between.


In the basement you'll find Persian rugs, antique armoires, book shelves and - - -


One really old antique!

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger nancygrayce said...

What a beautiful old building. I love all the wood and am so glad someone fixed it up rather than tear it down! I'm finding old things are really good things....:) me for example!

Oh, by the way, I don't LOVE yard work, I just hated the way that border grass had taken over! I had to show it who was boss.....now I can hardly move!

7/24/2008 5:36 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I'm glad you showed it - - - - now keep your heating pad or ice handy until you feel better!!!

7/24/2008 6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute store! Did you buy anything?

7/24/2008 7:19 PM  
Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

What an amazing place!!! I would LOOOVVVVEEEE to shop there. And I would just about die for one of those antique armoires!!
What;d ya get?

7/24/2008 11:19 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

I LOVE IT!!! I think I could spend too much money in there. LOL

7/24/2008 11:34 PM  
Blogger Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

I would LOOOOOOVVVE to go there! It looks like my kind of shop. I LOVE the armoires!!! very chic indeed!!!

7/24/2008 11:58 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

I'm curious, what was the price of armoires?

Greggie looks sad and soulful. Bet he misses his friends, Macky & Markie.

He must have some "goodies" in that bag since he has a good grip on it!!!

7/25/2008 9:31 AM  
Blogger Char said...

Looks beautiful - glad you have time to blog it.

7/25/2008 3:00 PM  
Blogger Keetha said...

OH. I am so jealous of that library store. If I ever show up at your doorstep, please can we go shopping there? I want one of every one of those signs at the entryway!

7/25/2008 3:04 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

1) The cheapest armoire was over $2,000 - - - so we only got two. NOT - - - no armoires for us.

2) The only thing we bought was a little toy for Piper, and I shall not describe it here before she and her mommy see it.

3) Greg was not sad - - - - just trying to be patient as he waited for me

4) What Greg is clutching tightly in his little bag is the toy for Piper.

5) Keetha - - - I THOUGHT OF YOU when I saw the artwork in the entryway and that is exactly why I took AND posted that picture.

7/25/2008 4:10 PM  
Blogger Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

What an amazing store/restored library! I look all the items you showed us. It sounds like you have had an amazing trip. I hope you got your batteries recharged and ate lots of yummy food.

7/26/2008 9:46 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks Nana Trish - - - - I did ALL of what you said, and now my clothes are fitting pretty tight!!!! Hehehehehehehe

7/26/2008 11:22 AM  
Blogger I can't find my blog said...

What a delightful store!

7/27/2008 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home