Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

You KNOW You're in the Northwoods When - - -

In order to travel from point "A" to point "B" you drive through a lot of this - - -


And then some of this - - -


And finish off the trip with some of this!!!


You see plenty of these, paper birches.


The lakes are natural and look like this.


McDonalds and - - -


Subway, and LOTS of other places are made of logs!!


You see trucks like this rolling through town multiple times every day - - -


All those logs in all those buildings have to come from SOMEWHERE ya know!!! And also - - - all that paper you use has to come from somewhere too!! NOT TO WORRY - - - trees are renewable.


The water towers still look like this.


You run across displays like this, and see these chairs in nearly every yard.


And LAST BUT NOT LEAST - - - you KNOW you're in the Northwoods when you can find THESE for sale!!!! :-)

10 Comments:

Blogger Keri said...

Those aren't human sized, though, are they?? They look little!

I'm ready for you guys to be HOME! I know you don't want to come home but we miss you!

7/23/2008 5:24 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

just as long as you don't have to use those in the last picture on your post!!!
It looks so beautiful there....

7/23/2008 5:25 PM  
Blogger Char said...

I'm o.k. with everything except the logging. I think we're using up the trees faster than they can grow.

7/23/2008 8:45 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Keetha-this reminds me so much of the place in canada (except our cabins are not even remotely as nice) we go to every year. My husband loves it, but we usually come home grumpy and arguing, (actually it's usually just me that's grumpy). It's difficult for me to entertain two children all day and COOK (hello, it's vacation) while the hubs is fishing his heart out. I think it'll get better as the kids get older-my boys love going, they spend days getting dirty and filthy! BUT WE'RE SKIPPING THIS YEAR!!! Praise the Lord!Anyway...what was the point of this long comment? Oh yeah-I hope you are having a great time!

7/23/2008 11:41 PM  
Blogger Gerson & Betsy said...

I love the outhouses!!!!!!!

7/24/2008 9:52 AM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Looks amazingly like MAINE!

7/24/2008 10:49 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Char - - - you can set your worries aside. I lived here as a child and I can tell you that in this part of the world, they DO let the forests regrow - - - there are just as many now as there were then - - - and in fact, they REPLANT the pines. You see vast acres of pines growing in nice neat rows. Also - - - if you don't like logging, you'd better not be using paper (even toilet paper) nor have any wood in your home, either in the structure nor in your furniture. :)

Julie - - - perhaps you should convince hubby to switch from Canada to the Northwoods of WI. There is great fishing in this area and lots to do for you and the boys in Hayward - - - eating out, put put, fun shopping, etc. That way ALL of you could be happy.

Vickie, Keri, and Betsy - - - yep those outhouses ARE miniatures. But where else in the US would people want to DECORATE with outhouses?

Groovy - - - I've always wanted to visit Maine, if it looks like WI I want to go even MORE!!

7/24/2008 3:37 PM  
Blogger Char said...

Ok, ok, not enough is being done IN CALIFORNIA to renew resources.

And, if I have to choose between consuming wood or oil-derived products, I'll choose wood.

7/25/2008 3:03 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Why do outhouses always have moons on them? Hmm...I love google!

A moon and stars were used in colonial times to designate the sex of the outhouses. Originally the moon was for women and the star was for the men!

I learn something new everyday LOL

7/27/2008 1:56 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Oh wow!!! I didn't know that!!

Thanks for googling.

7/27/2008 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home